Thursday, April 2, 2009

Top 3 Fads of the 90's That I Wish Were Still Here...

1. The Fanny Pack.
Yes, that's right, I said it. I know that all of you miss it. There are no need for purses or scrambling to find your keys because everything is wonderfully organized in your brilliantly designed fanny pack. Money can be found in the very back zipper, closest to you, to save the precious time you normally waste finding the extra seventy-three cents in the bottom of your purse to now show off your very in-style fanny pack. But you ask, the purse is so much more fashionable. However, there are different colours, styles and patterns for this wonderful creation and can be modeled by the hottest stars. Shoulder strain from purses are devastating and can cause problems for your delicate back. But with the newly designed fanny pack, well kiss those problems goodbye. The thought of theft is absolutely unheard of due to placement of this pack and would be awkward if attempted by any male specimen thus dropping the purse snatching rate to a very low percentage. So the fanny pack... think about it.

2. The Boy Band Craze
Where did these boy bands go?!?! Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, LFO, The Moffats, 98 degrees, Hanson, AHA, B44, Westlife, Five, MyTown, O-town. They were all great. So why has the craze faded away? They contributed a great deal to this era and created all of those catchy tunes you got stuck in your head while listening to the radio. The screaming fans, the posters, the world tours, the dolls or "action figures", all of it contributed to the phenomenon of the ultimate boy band. What was it about these groups that made them so popular? It most likely had to deal with a group of four to six ridiculously good looking men with frosted tips dancing in sync and singing that they didn't care who I was, or where I'm from, or what I did as long as I loved them. I mean how can you not fall in love with a group of men who are capable of such extreme talents like that? So I truly wonder why that in the twenty-first century, there is not a higher demand for boy bands to exist.

3. Overalls
Now to be honest, I currently have three different pairs of overalls in my drawer right now. They are of different colours and two are from when I was in elementary school. One of the pairs I still wear to school. However, it is considered to be a fashion faux pas. Why?? These articles of clothing can be versatile for both men and women while creating a very laid back look that screams "I can be comfy-casual and still look like I spent more than ten point two seconds thinking about what I should wear this morning". They fasten as jeans with their deep pockets and can act as the ultimate "bad boy" outfit if the male chooses to not wear a shirt under them. Ladies, they can even be converted to overall style skirts creating a feminine twist! Who needs belts on your pants/skirts when you have shoulder straps? No need to worry about those awful "plumber's cracks" or unwanted "muffin tops". Overalls are the perfect solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment